top of page

I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It’s easy. Just click “Edit Text” or double click me and you can start adding your own content and make changes to the font. I’m a great place for you to tell a story and let your users know a little more about you.

Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements

At times, it is necessary to put your intentions in writing to protect yourself from the worst case scenario. We craft agreements that will help you fulfill your intentions and avoid litigation down the road.

We have extensive experience negotiating, collaborating, and litigating divorces, dissolutions, custody disputes, and equitable property claims. Our goal is to provide compassionate and attentive legal services to individuals facing these, and other similar, difficult life events.

Divorce, Dissolution, and Custody

For many individuals, the dream of bringing children into their lives requires assisted reproductive technology, due to lack of access to sperm or eggs or due to infertility. Reproductive technology offers an alternative route to parenting, whether through donor insemination or gestational surrogacy. Our office drafts and reviews sperm donor, egg donor, and gestational surrogacy agreements to help meet your parenting goals and, whenever possible, obtain pre- and post-birth orders of parentage so that the child's birth certificate accurately reflects the child's intended parentage. It is crucial to comply with Utah's assisted reproductive technology laws before you enter into any agreement. Lauren is a Utah fellow of the American Academy of Assisted Reproductive Technology Law Attorneys. We will ensure your Assisted Reproductive Technology matter complies with the highest ethical standards and is handled efficiently and compassionately. 

Assisted Reproductive Technology

The process of adoption can be joyful, but it often involves legal complications. We assist and advise families through the adoption process with our extensive understanding of the legal rights and the importance attached to parent-child relationships. We will work with you to obtain legal recognition of your child's relationships. 


Unmarried Father's Rights

In Utah, an unmarried father must act swiftly to protect his parental rights. We advise and assist unmarried fathers in preserving their rights to their children when they become aware that a birth mother is residing in Utah or intends to place a child for adoption here. 


Guardianship creates a legal relationship between a child and the adult(s) who are caring for the child, usually on a temporary basis, although sometimes for many years. We assist clients in establishing legal guardianship where more permanent legal relationships or not practical. Guardianship gives the guardian the ability to participate in legal, academic, and medical decisions for a child.


Mediation is a non-adversarial process that offers individuals in a dispute the opportunity to meet with a neutral third-party to negotiate a resolution. In Mediation, we negotiate on behalf of our clients and advise them regarding possible solutions. The mediation process often results in a mutually-agreed upon resolution which reflects the particular needs of the individuals involved. Mediation provides an alternative to costly and lengthy litigation and may be used at any time during the process.

Collaborative Law Practice

Lauren is certified to engage in Collaborative Law. Collaborative Law is an alternative to traditional litigation and provides a constructive way for couples to separate and resolve disputes outside the court system. In the Collaborative Law process, couples and their attorneys commit to resolve a case outside of litigation. We engage in a series of joint meetings to determine how to move forward in a fair and reasonable way, and we aim to prevent the conflict and expense often associated with litigation. Collaborative Law encourages all involved to keep working towards resolution rather than resorting to litigation.

261 East 300 South, #200

Salt Lake City, Utah 84111

(801) 746-0670

bottom of page